I have to dial in and just say that this past weekend was a humbling one. I was supposed to go to New York City with my bestie and kick back and enjoy the city and I am sure it would have been a blast, we are always laughing – great conversations where I always walk away reflecting. However, I must say I am glad that it was my divine destiny to stay home. To kick off my weekend, Friday I attended the first event date scheduled for Trent Shelton’s “Under His Influence” Tour, creator of RehabTime, an . I am so grateful that Washington, DC was the first stop; the event was held at the Shakespeare Theatre Company: Lansburgh, located on blocks 7th and E (check out Shakespeare’s website calendar, Shakespeare Theatre). Getting into the city is always a plus for me, so this was a great reason to hope on the Metro and enjoy the atmosphere.
Anyone who follows RehabTime knew this event was more of insight and confirmation that on your quest to fulfillment and purpose, you are healing from years of negative scarring and wounds and that had become a parasite on your spirit. As the weekend went on, reflection into where I lack and limit myself – I was humbled. Here are a few things am facing and starting the hard, awkward, raw question:
1. What other people think or say about me drives how I operate in living fully in my purpose and this is limiting my potential for growth.
2. That we all operate on the surface level of our issues and that if we do not learn to start digging more into our truth, we will always be lost.
3. In business and in personal relationships, you can not be afraid to ask the hard, raw questions.
4. When you learn to surrender what you think your life should be to what life is moving you towards, you may never live a happy life.
5. Media has been more of the catalyst in defining what we think we should want for ourselves and we are more unconscious of how we are being influenced.
6. Most of us are addicted to something and running from something. We need to stop running and start healing.
7. Our past, our present and our future is created by the power of our thoughts and our words invoke POWER. We are unbalanced because our thoughts and words are unbalanced. We have spent generations passing on warped perceptions of how reality can be.
8. When you decide to change, transform and evolve; you will begin to see how the people around you look different, think different and live limited lives. You become more aware of how you are no longer equally yoked with them but you can still love them and not judge them because their season for growth has not begun.
9. My spiritual evolution is far from over but this is the greatest time in our history to become more awaken to truth.
10. I am continuing to do myself and the world a great disservice but not living more in my purpose and lower myself to a lower vibration that is no longer suited for the movement that is to come.
As a society, we have some major work to do and I am making the commitment to have the conversations and do the digging that is required in order to truly see the change we seek. We are the keepers and we have the power of influence, all of us. Ask yourself: What do you want your influence to be?
Leave a comment below and be sure to like and share on your social media platforms!
You can watch Trent Shelton and visit his website to follow his organization, Rehab Time. Use the hashtag – #iamREHAB
You can follow Trent Shelton and Rehab Time on social media
Twitter: Trent Shelton – @TrentShelton | Rehab Time – @RehabTime
Facebook: Trent Shelton | RehabTime